You are here
Business Workshops, Mixers, and Shop Local Campaigns
We partner with the Contra Costa Small Business Development Center, East Bay SCORE, and other business development organizations to bring free business workshops to local and regional entrepreneurs. Small business owners, entrepreneurs, and merchants are encouraged to attend these workshops to learn how they can fully realize their business goals.
Held in our offices, these business workshops are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month from 8:30 - 11:00 AM.
2017 Business Workshops
Please sign up for our 2017 Business Workshops here. Space is availble on first-come, first-serve basis. Light breakfast is always provided.
- January 10 Business Planning Essentials: Get your business off the ground with step-by-step guidance and resources to complete your business plan from A-Z
- February 7 Opening a Business in San Pablo: Understand the complete process and resources available to you, including nano capital and market analysis
- March 7 Business Accounting & Tax Planning 101: It’s tax season, so let the experts give you accounting and tax advice
- April 18 ADA Compliance in Your Biz and on the Web: Learn how to best serve all your customers and prevent lawsuits
- May 2 Estate Planning 101
- June 6 How to Develop a Successful Sales Pitch: Learn how you can position your service/product to maximize your profits
- July 11 Access to Business Capital: Ask your questions to our expert panelists on ways to start or expand your business
- August 1 Employing the Right People: Avoid pitfalls in the hiring process to grow the best team for your business
- September 5 Marketing Strategies for Success: Tips and strategies to kick-start your holiday marketing
- October 3 Procurement and Your Business: Learn the ins-and-outs of qualifying to win lucrative government contracts
- November 7 Cash Flow & Financial Health Check: As the year winds down, is your business cash flow in good shape?
- December 5 Succession & Crisis Planning for Businesses: Prevent expensive mistakes and maximize your investment by planning ahead
2017 Networking Events & Mixers
In addition to monthly business workshops, we host regular business mixers as a way for local business owners to connect and expand their networks. Sign up here.
- December 13 - B2B White Elephant Gift Exchange
- February 7 - Winter B2B Mixer
- April 20 - Small Business of the Year B2B Mixer
- May 25 - How To Buy Your Building Panel Discussion and Mixer (East Bay EDA)
- June 15 - Summer B2B Mixer (La Strada)
- August 10 - Summer Mega Mixer (Crockett)
- September 21 - Fall B2B Mixer
- October 26 - Mega Mixer (Richmond)
- December 12 - White Elephant B2B Mixer
2017 Shop Local Campaigns
Shop Local campaigns encourage shoppers to keep their dollars local. Make sure you contact us to participate in these fun and effective events that run the course of monthly, quarterly, to yearlong.
- January 1 - March 1 - Small Business of the Year Nomination window (winner receives $10K in marketing benefits)
- April 30 - May 6 - National Small Business Week
- July 31 - September 1 - Road to Rewards (San Pablo shopping game)
- End of each month - Prize drawing for Local FIRST Facebook selfier contest winners