You are here
Check out what San Pablo EDC is doing in the community. Anytime you spot our bright orange and blue EDC van, it usually means that staff is en route to an event, groundbreaking, grand opening, or outreach to local businesses and workshops. We are proud to contribute our time, dedication, and care for the people of San Pablo.
Register for JVS Business Administration Bootcamp
Register now for your chance to enroll in our second Business Administration Bootcamp. Mandatory info session is Feb. 7, 2017, 5:00-6:30 PM at 13830 San Pablo Ave, Suite D, San Pablo, CA 94806. 91% of participants in the pilot cohort were placed in an administrative assistant position within one-month of completing the training
If you are ready to jump start your search for meaningful employment, and have been under- or unemployed for six months or more, JVS and the San Pablo EDC are partnering to create a free six-week Bootcamp to help you advance your career in Business Administration.
The training will give you what you need to get the job:
- a powerful personal brand (resume, LinkedIn profile, pitch, online presence)
- a friendly group of fellow job seekers to share learning, resources and support
- employer panels, presentation, resume reviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you are employed
Program Dates: February 27 - March 30, 2017
Schedule: Monday - Friday for the first week; Tuesday-Thursday-Friday for the following weeks
Location: San Pablo Community Center, 2450 Road 20, San Pablo, CA 94806
Deadline: Friday, February 7, 2017
Open a Business in San Pablo Workshop
Are you thinking of opening a buinsess in San Pablo? Opening up a business in San Pablo can be done with our new streamlined approach. San Pablo EDC has teamed up with the City of San Pablo's Development Services to deliver this useful workshop where it's a one-stop-shop to get your questions answered and learn all the details on how to open your dream business. This workshop will be conducted in Spanish and English.
- Checklist of inspections & forms needed
- Resources to open up your business
- Q&A Session with San Pablo's Development Services
- Meet business brokers & find out which properties are for lease
What: Opening a Business in San Pablo Workshop
When: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 from 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Where: 13830 San Pablo Ave, Suite D, San Pablo, CA 94806
Cost: Free (includes complimentary light breakfast)
Presenter: Sandra Marquez, City of San Pablo Development Services
Local FIRST Summer 2017 Ad Sales Start Today
If you are a small business in West Contra Costa County and would like to advertise in our upcoming Local FIRST Summer 2017 magazine, contact Vivian Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (510) 215-3206. Over 32,000 magazines will be directly mailed by May 29, 2017. Download the form for more details.
Small Business of the Year 2017 Nominations Are Open
Nominate your favorite business online and enter a chance to win $100 gift certificate.
What defines a small business?
A San Pablo small business is defined as:
- Independently owned and operated (this excludes nonprofits, chains, corporations, but does not exclude franchises)
- Organized for profit
- Has 50 employees or less (if a branch, then at that location)
- Located within the incorporated city boundaries for San Pablo, CA 94806
What's In It For the SBOTY Winner?
The winning Small Business of the Year will receive:
- A marketing package from the San Pablo EDC for 2017
- Formal recognition by the City of San Pablo
- Formal recognition from other elected, such as Contra Costa Board of Supervisors and California Assembly Members
- A mixer celebration in their honor on April 20, 2017
- Press releases
- Honored at the East Bay Leadership Council's Tri-Valley Small Business of the Year luncheon
Welcome East Bay Coffee to San Pablo!
San Pablo EDC warmly welcomes East Bay Coffee Company to San Pablo. The newest member of the San Pablo business community is conveniently located in the San Pablo Community Center (2450 Road 20). Bill and Lisa Ancira bring you the best oak roasted coffee beverages including nitro brew. Come by today for your next caffeine fix. Check out their website here.
Take the Pedestrian & Bike Survey to let San Pablo city government create a plan that fits your needs
Feel free to take this survey to shape the future pedestrian and bike master plan for the City of San Pablo. This survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes of your time.
July 21, 2016
You are invited to the September 19, 2016 groundbreaking at 4 PM (corner of San Pablo Ave/Church Ln)!
The San Pablo Library will be built by Summer 2017. The new library will have the following amenities:
- Lobby / Market Place
- Friends of the Library
- Meeting/ Program/ Conference Rooms
- Technology Area
- Group Study Rooms
- Adult Area
- Teen Area
- Children Collection - Homework Center, Early Childhood & Family Place
- Staff Work Room/ Staff Offices/ Literacy Office
- Retail (Café, Independent Operator)
September 1, 2015
We've brought you a brand new sports park to San Pablo!
The Rumrill Sports Park has transformed a vacant, 4.5-acre brownfield site, in a dense urban neighborhood, into a flourishing new park. Additionally, Rumrill Sports Park will transform a vacant lot into an attractive community space.
The park will greatly enhance a blighted neighborhood and make it safer, while promoting “healthy eating, active living” for all. Davis Park is an 11.7-acre site that is currently the community outlet for park space. To promote a safer environment for active living, sports fields have been restriped, lights and fences have been added, a dangerous culvert closed, and a creek day lighted.
The park represents the priority the City places on healthy eating, active living options for its residents, notably its youth, and marks the second successful new markets tax credit project the City has accomplished.
- Rumrill Sports Park transforms a vacant, 4.5-acre brownfield into a family and youth centric sports park
- The sports facility features three synthetic, lit, youth turf fields
- The facility also includes 62 parking spaces, a picnic area, tot lot, restrooms, and vendor kiosks for healthy foods options
- Promotes “healthy eating, active living” for the San Pablo community
This project was made possible by the generous support of:
- Northern California Community Loan Fund
- Bank of America
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- California State Parks
- East Bay Regional Park District
September 1, 2014
San Pablo Community Center is now open to children and families! 2450 Road 20, San Pablo, CA 94806
The San Pablo Community Center, located next to Helms Middle School on Road 20, is now open. This facility includes:
- community room - commonly used for weddings, anniversaries, quinceañeras, birthday celebrations, baptisms, large meetings, etc.
- Banquet capacity: 96
- Theater capacity: 195 (chairs only)
- Commercial kitchen included (stove, oven, fridge, freezer, icemaker, large sinks, and ample counter space.
- 8’ rectangular and 60” round tables available
- commercial kitchen - you may use to cook for your event (when renting the Community Hall-Full) or host a cooking class. It includes a gas flat griddle, dishwasher, oven, gas stove, ice machine, refrigerator and freezer.
- activity rooms - commonly used for gatherings such as meeting, training, etc.
- Banquet capacity: 41
- Theater capacity: 60 (chairs only)
- 8’ rectangular tables available
- teen lounge - a perfect place to hold a teen’s birthday party or social gathering.
- Banquet capacity: 47
- Theater capacity: 100
- Media Lab (sound & film) is only available with rental of Teen Lounge (see additional deposit and fees).
- computer lab - check out San Pablo ED bilingual computer classes here. Topics include Microsoft Office, Windows 8, QuickBooks 12, and Exploring the Internet. Call (510) 215-3200 to register.